Welcome to my little corner of the internet! I get to meet some of the most amazing couples and capture their love stories as a career and it truly never gets old. I feel so lucky to be able to do this!
I started this business my senior year of college and went full-time in 2018. I'd be lying if I said I never looked back. There's been so many times I've questioned if I could fulfill this as my profession but with my support system and the incredible clients I've met along the way, it's kept me going. And I'm forever thankful for that. As someone who never intended on becoming a wedding photographer, I'm so grateful for the opportunities and people it's led me to and I'm excited for everything that lies ahead!
When I'm not taking photos, you can find me planning our next trip somewhere, rewatching episodes of The Office, or cuddling with our pup Malley.
Some fun things to know about me:
1. I was adopted as a baby from South Korea
2. ‘Donze’ is my maiden name. Pronounced like “Don-zee”
3. I live in Birkenstocks in the summer and will wear them until I get the absolute worst tan lines on my feet
4. I have an unhealthy obsession with Diet Coke (send help)
5. You will most likely find me showing up to your session with my sunglasses on top of my head - makes the greatest use as a headband
6. I like to stay active! My favorite activities include running, cycling, hiking, and skiing; anything outside
7. Likes: ice cream, Costco, and traveling with Matt
8. Dislikes: coffee, cats, F.R.I.E.N.D.S (sorry not sorry)
9. The way to my heart is through Chick-Fil-A, chocolate, blue skies, and sunny days
10. We have a one-year-old dog named Malley and she has completely stolen our hearts
Marriage is pretty awesome
My husband, Matt, is the brightest part of my life. I hit the jackpot when I married him in 2017 and I truly can't imagine doing life with anyone else. He's my biggest support system and makes me feel like I can do anything I set my mind to. Not only is he my go-to second shooter, but he's also a full-time engineer!
Throughout the past five years of shooting weddings, I’ve discovered I like to go about wedding photography in a photojournalistic approach. I'm here to capture your story as authentically as possible because every couple + their love story is unique and different and beautiful in their own way. I'm here to capture the honest moments that make your love unique + you. I'm here to serve you and be fully present.
I'm a firm believer that weddings don’t need to be a big show—they can be whatever YOU want it to be. I believe that weddings come down to this: committing your life to one another and being surrounded by the ones you love as witness – if that means having a small backyard wedding or eloping in the mountains, do it!
I like to say my approach is a mix between candid and posed photos. I’m a huge fan of natural, candid photos and I try everything in my power to capture those moments. While I absolutely love capturing those types of photos, you can never go wrong with the classic “fridge photos” as I like to call them—the ones your grandma adores of you both looking at the camera, the ones you hang on the refrigerator or put in a frame on the mantel. I’ve found this combination blends perfectly and it works for me. I always ask if there’s any certain poses you wanted to do as well!